Happy Earth Day!
Owlkids intern, Hilary, is back with a blog post to celebrate Earth Day. Take it away, Hilary!
Today is Earth Day! On this day, people all around the world are reminded to do their part to keep our planet clean.
In honor of Earth Day Canada’s 25th anniversary, there is an Earth Day Assembly at Queen’s Park in Toronto today. Here, students and adults will take a special pledge.
Try reciting the Earth Day Every Day Pledge yourself!
“I pledge to the best of my ability to help make the earth a safe and hospitable home for this and future generations.”
Here are some ways you can take action on Earth Day:
• Write your own pledge for Earth Day
• Walk, ride your bike or scooter to school
• Pack a litterless lunch in reusable containers
• Turn off the lights when you don’t need them
• Swap old toys, books and clothes with a friend
• Clean up litter around your neighbourhood with family
• Recycle and compost instead of throwing things in the garbage
• Plant trees and flowers
Happy Earth Day, everyone!