10 Earth Month Activities
Happy Earth Month, Owlkids Family!
April is a great time to get outdoors, appreciate our environment and take whatever little steps we can to help protect it.
Here are some fun family activities to get you started.
1) Look for crocuses or tulips sprouting up through the dirt.
2) Meet a teen activist who is fighting to protect our planet’s water.
3) Make a pinwheel and head out on a windy day to see if it works.
4) Put on some work gloves, grab a garbage bag, and pick up trash and recycling from a park or beach.
5) Test your green knowledge with a fun quiz and word search.
6) Make a cute little origami snail!
7) Visit a local greenhouse and learn about how plants grow.
8) Try a cloud in a jar experiment and learn how rain falls from heavy clouds.
9) Turn a juice or milk carton into a bird feeder for your backyard or balcony.
10) Write out an Earth Month pledge that explains what your family promises to do to help the planet. Research online to find small actions you can start incorporating into your household.