It’s Shark Awareness Day! Here are some facts about sharks:
- There are over 500 species of sharks
- The smallest shark is the Dwarf Lantern Shark, which is about the size of a human hand. The Whale Shark is the biggest shark, and it can grow to 12 meters long
- Sharks don’t have bones. Instead, they’re skeletons are made of cartilage, which is what our ears are made of
- Some sharks can glow in the dark
- Sharks have been around for over 400 million years. That’s older than the dinosaurs!
Remember to do what you can to help save the environment. Do you know any fun facts about sharks you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments down below!