Check out these fun facts Sarah has to share with you for International Rock Day!
- All rocks fall into one of three categories: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.
- Geology is the study of rocks
- Rocks have helped scientists figure out how old the Earth is. They think the Earth is 4.54 billion years old – that’s a super long time!
- Rocks have been used by humans for millions of years as tools and many other things.
- A pumice is a kind of rock that is so light it floats on water.
Do you know any fun facts about rocks you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments down below!