In the June issue, we ask you to invent a sport. Christina Au won the grand prize with her invention called “Monkeyminton”. You can read about her invention in the November issue.
We had so many great entries but we couldn’t fit them all in the magazine. Here are two honourable mentions!
Name of the Sport: Pizza Frisbee
Rules: If you catch the Pizza Frisbee, you get a piece of it.
Name of the sport: Roller Skate Flips
Uniform/equipment: A suit, hard gloves, a hard helmet and roller skates.
Location: In a gymnastics building with a cement floor to skate on.
1. It is an individual sport. Everyone does it on their own.
2. You skate around really fast and do lots of flips on the uneven gymnastics bars. There are lots of gymnastics bars around the gym.
3. The last bar to flip around is a vertical bar with a purple finish line ribbon on it. The first person to skate around, complete all of the flips and make it to the finish line ribbon for their last flip wins.
4. The prize is not a medal or a trophy but a big Santa Claus suit.
Thanks to everyone who entered chickaDEE’s Invent a Sport contest! Everyone did a great job!
– Mandy, firstname.lastname@example.org