Do you like sweet treats? Have you ever tried one with some saltiness added to it? The combo is out of this world! If you want to taste it for yourself, try making the delicious recipe below.
*Remember to ask an adult for help when cooking in the kitchen!
Sweet and Saltines
- Cooking spray
- 35 to 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/3 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 218°C (425°F)
- Line one or two pans with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the crackers on the pans, salt-side down.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter and brown the sugar together. Boil until it turns a caramel colour.
- Remove pot from heat and pour the mixture over the crackers.
- Place pan in the oven for three to five minutes and watch it carefully.
- Remove pan from the oven and pour chocolate chips over the crackers. When they begin to melt, take a knife and spread the chocolate over the crackers.
- Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Mmmmm, sounds yummy! If you try making this treat, let us know in the comments below.
Bye for now,