Today is Red Planet Day! This day celebrates the first time a spacecraft got close enough to Mars to take amazing photos of the planet.
Here are some facts about the red planet:
– There are dust storms on Mars. These storms are what carve out the land!
– The rocks and dust on Mars are made of iron.
– Mars has two moons; Phobos and Deimos.
– Mars is about half the size of Earth.
– It takes about 6-8 months for a Spacecraft to travel from Earth to Mars.
Do you want to visit the this planet someday? You just might! Scientists are trying to figure out ways to bring humans to Mars!