Neil Flambé and the Crusader's Curse
For today’s book club, we’re talking about Neil Flambé and the Crusader’s Curse. When things start going wrong for expert gourmet chef Neil Flambé, he finds his normally delicious-tasting recipes rejected by food critics and his regular customers. Suddenly Neil finds himself in the cook-off of his lifetime and facing a dark curse that has been plaguing Flambé chefs for centuries.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I thought the character names were très entertaining, especially Jean-Claude Chili and DBC (Deep Blue Cheese). I found Neil too temperamental at times, and I thought he could’ve treated his friends and family a bit nicer, but I guess that’s what happens when the reputation of a world-class chef is at stake!
What did you think of the book? Here are some questions to consider:
1. How did Neil’s friendship with Isabella develop during this book?
2. What’s your opinion of Neil?
3. Was DBC a good match for Neil?
4. What was your favourite part of the book?
5. If Neil could cook you any meal, what would it be?
6. What’s the best meal that you’ve ever cooked (or helped cook)?
Let me know!
Click here to check out OWL’s interview with the author Kevin Sylvester.