Summer vacation is just days away! Parks Canada has tons of fun activities you can do at their sites. Here are 10 activities you can do with your family.
1. Go swimming. Canada is full of parks with lakes for you to take a cool dip!
2. Go geocaching. Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunt that uses GPS technology. Some parks even have a special “Parks Canada Geocoin” as a reward for finding the cache.
3. Go camping. Sleep under the stars and eat S’mores in a national park this summer!
4. Go back in time. See history come to life at a historical park. Some parks have re-enactments with people in costume, too.
5. Go kayaking and canoeing. Dip your paddle in and spend a day exploring around islands and lakes.
6. Go hiking. Canada’s parks have amazing trails for you to explore with your family.
7. Go horseback riding. Check out the landscape of some of Canada’s most beautiful parks on horseback.
8. Go stand-up paddle boarding. Some parks have stand-up paddle boards for rent!
9. Go bird-watching. Spot some spectacular birds in national parks across Canada.
10. Go biking. Ride beautiful park trails on two wheels!
Find even more summer activity ideas in the Summer Digest issue of chickaDEE!
What do you plan on doing this summer? Leave a comment below!