To celebrate World Penguin Day, check out these cool facts about penguins you might not know!
- There are 18 different species of penguins, including one called the Macaroni penguin!
- Penguins are the fastest swimming bird and can reach speeds up to 36 km/h (22 mph).
- Just like dogs, penguins release body heat by panting.
- During the winter, penguins huddle together to keep each other and their eggs warm.
- Archaeologists have found fossils of penguins that were five feet tall. That’s as tall as a person!
Do you know any fun facts about penguins? Let us know in the comments below!