It’s time for “Get to Know An Author!” on the blog! This month, we’re getting to know Remie Geoffroi, the awesome illustrator of chickaDEE’s Mish Mash! We asked him to finish 10 sentences for us. Here are his answers:
1. The first thing I do when I wake up is make my kids breakfast. Sometimes cream of wheat, sometimes pancakes, or french toast, followed up with a glass of fresh fruit smoothie!
2. My favourite way to eat eggs is eggs benedict, with the yolks poached hard!
3. I have a funny habit of humming or singing along with music while I work!
4. My nickname is Rem, Remgeo, Goyfroy, Rembo, Remington, Busta Rems, Remellion, R-Joff…
5. I have visited many countries, including Australia, India, Indonesia, USA, the Caribbean (Barbados, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Cuba, Dominican Republic), Europe (Holland, France, Germany, Switzerland). My favourite is Bora Bora, a beautiful island in French Polynesia.
6. My hero is Terry Fox. He was a truly inspiring Canadian.
7. My hidden talent is independent orbital movement. I can cross my eyes and make one look away!
8. When I look outside my window, I see restaurants and the busy street below. I work downtown in a top floor studio.
9. If I could have any superpower, it would be the ability to pause time. Just think of the pranks you could play!
10. The last thing I do before I fall asleep is read or play Plants vs. Zombies 2!
Thanks for playing along, Remie! Or should I call you Busta Rems?
Readers, you have one more month to send in your drawing of Mish and Mash’s cousin, Mosh! One reader will have his or her drawing illustrated by Remie in an upcoming Mish Mash. See details in October’s Mish Mash.
Send your drawing to: Draw Mosh, 10 Lower Spadina, Suite 400, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Z2, Canada. Good luck!
– Mandy, email@example.com