The first day of summer is right around the corner! Celebrate by trying these fun summer activities.
- Start a summer book club! Take turns picking a book to read. Then get together to talk about what everyone thought about it.
- Help in the garden! Planting a fruit and vegetable garden is fun to do, plus you get to eat the delicious items you grow as a rewards. Talk to your parents about starting one!
- Learn something new. Whether it’s throwing a baseball correctly or just doing a simply trick on your scooter, there’s always something new to learn! Figure out what you’d like to learn then ask an adult to help you research ways to reach your goal.
- Look at the stars. Summer is the perfect time to study the stars in the sky. Try and see if you can spot some famous constellations, like the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper!
- Keep a summer diary. Record what you do each day! It’ll be fun to look back at those memories one day.
How do you stay busy during the summer? Share your activity ideas in the comments section below!
Remember to also check out the Summer 2015 issue of chickaDEE for more great activities!
Bye for now!