- For Kids!
- Parents & Teachers
- Meet Us
Today is Groundhog Day!
If a groundhog comes out of its den and sees his shadow, it means there’s six more weeks of winter to go. If he doesn’t see his shadow, it means that spring is just around the corner.
Here in Ontario, we look to Wiarton Willie to tell us his prediction. So what did Willie predict when he scurried out of his little den today? He saw his shadow! This means we have six more weeks of winter to go. If his prediction is true, that gives us lots of time to sled, build snowmen, ski and snowboard before spring. Yay!
Today I’ve got a submission from chickaDEE readers Caleb, 9 and Callum, 6. They made the glittery ornaments from the December 2017 issue of chickaDEE!
Awesome job, guys! They look amazing.
Do you have a chickaDEE Magazine craft or recipe that you’d like to share? Send it to us at: email@example.com!
Enjoy your day!
chickaDEE’s December issue is ready to go! Learn about different winter holidays, make a sparkly ornament and read a hilarious guide to winter!
As always, there are tons of comics, puzzles and fun. Did you get your issue yet?
Have a great weekend,
Owlkids intern Lesley is back with a great craft. Over to you, Lesley!
Are you feeling cooped up? Here’s a fun winter craft that will help feed the birds!
1) Spread a coat of vegetable shortening onto the cardboard tube.
2) Pour bird seed into the empty box so there’s a thin layer covering the bottom.
3) Roll the cardboard tube in the bird seed so the seeds cover the tube.
4) Thread some ribbon through the tube and tie the ends together.
5) Hang your feeder from a tree branch and watch the birds feast!
Bye for now!