Did you know about 70 percent of the Earth is covered in water, and only three percent of which is freshwater? World Water Week is dedicated to bringing awareness to global water issues and creating a sustainable approach to using the water we have. A little difference can go a long way! If you want to help in your day-to-day routine, try out these water conserving tips below!
- Turn off the taps when they’re not in use. When you’re brushing your teeth or washing your face, make sure to turn the faucet off!
- Don’t shower for too long. Get yourself clean as quickly as you can to save water.
- Use old water from pots (after boiling spaghetti or eggs) to water your plants. Reusing this water instead of pouring it down the drain will save you from turning on the hose.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a bowl of water instead of under the faucet.
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you wherever you go! This way you’ll save on having to buy water and you won’t be throwing the plastic bottle into a landfill.
There’s your five tips for getting involved in World Water Week! Which ones will you try out? Let us know in the comments below!
Bye for now,