This issue of Chirp is full of crafty fun! One of our favourite crafts is making sculptures out of paper mache. Here is our favourite recipe.
- white glue or white flour
- masking tape
- Whisk together 3/4 parts glue or flour with 1/4 part warm water.
- Build a shape with balled-up newspaper and tape.
- Dip strips of newspaper into the glue mixture and remove most of it with your fingers. Place the strip over your shape.
- Repeat step 2 until your shape is covered in 2 – 3 layers of newspaper strips.
- Let your sculpture dry overnight or longer.
- Ta-da! Your sculpture is ready. You can paint it or leave it as it is.
— Jackie, email@example.com