As you gear up for the cold weather, recycle some of your old winter gear into stuffed toys!
- old gloves, mittens, hats or knee socks
- buttons or beads
- string or rubber band
- felt or yarn
- fabric scraps or stuffing
- fabric glue or needle and thread
Amazing Alien (Left)
- Turn a glove inside out. Cut off some of the fingers and thumb. Glue or sew the cut edges together. Let the glue dry.
- Turn the glove right-side out and fill it with cotton balls or fabric scraps.
- Glue or sew the bottom closed. Glue or sew on buttons for eyes, and felt or yarn for a mouth!
Blob Buddy (Centre)
- Stuff a hat with fabric scraps or stuffing.
- Glue or sew the bottom of the hat closed.
- Glue or sew on eyes and a mouth, and add a pompom on top.
Mighty Mitt (Right)
- Fill a mitten with stuffing or fabric scraps.
- Glue the bottom shut.
- Add buttons and felt for a face!
This craft originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of Chickadee.