Today is Wildlife Conservation Day, a day to appreciate and protect animals all over the world. In honour of Wildlife Conservation Day, here are some fun facts about animals in the wild!
- Rhinos love to spend time in the mud! Mud keeps them cool and protects their skin like sunscreen.
- Every tiger in the world has a unique pattern – no two tigers have the same stripes.
- Elephant tusks never stop growing, kind of like human hair! The longer an elephant’s tusks are, the older they probably are.
- Pandas like to eat all day long! They fill their tummies with bamboo every day for up to 12 hours.
- Gorillas can be very smart. Some gorillas in sanctuaries have learned sign language to communicate with humans!
What is your favourite wild animal? Let us know in the comments below!